Thank you for presenting at the Tasmanian Nursing and Midwifery Conference 2020.
Oral and Rapid Fire presentation guidelines
Presentation length and time keeping
- Please check the program to confirm the date and time allocated for your presentation. Oral presentations have been allocated 15 minutes to present plus 5 minutes for questions. Rapid Fire Presentations have been allocated 5 minutes.
- To ensure the program runs to time, please keep your presentation to your allocated time. Your session chair will notify you with “5 minutes”, “2 minutes”, “1 minute” and “Finish”. If there is time remaining at the end of your presentation the chair will direct the questions.
- Please go to your allocated room 15 minutes prior to the start time of the session to meet with the Session Chair (their name will be noted in the program) and familiarise yourself with the room, AV technician and setup.
How should I prepare my presentation?
- The optimal format for presentations in PowerPoint is 16:9 (widescreen).
- Rapid Fire Presentations are to have no more than 5 slides. To help keep the presentation short, please limit to three key messages and the main point that you would like the audience to take away.
- If you have prepared your presentation in Mac please ensure you bring a Windows compatible USB stick and any necessary conversion cables.
- If you are using Video during your presentation, please copy the file to your USB stick as well as embedding the content – do not link to external files.
- There are no facilities for photocopying at the venue. We suggest you bring a copy of your slides and any handouts with you (if desired).
Loading your presentation
- Please ensure you bring your presentation on a USB.
- Please name your presentation DAY-ROOM-INITIAL.SURNAME eg TUES-BC-J.Smith.
- The Speakers’ Preparation Room will be located on the Mezzanine Level.
- When you register at the venue you will be directed to the Speakers’ Preparation Room. An AV technician will load your presentation on to a central computer and network it to the appropriate room and session.
- Please visit the Speakers’ Preparation Room at least 2 hours before your scheduled session.
- The Speakers Preparation Room will be open on Thursday and Friday from 7.30 am.
During your session
- Please be seated in the front row or front table so that you can move to the lectern quickly at the end of the previous presentation.
- There will be AV technicians roaming between the session rooms to trouble shoot any technical issues should they arise.
- During your presentation, please keep a strict eye on the time. Your allocated presentation length includes time for questions.
- Your session chair will notify you with “5 minutes”, “2 minutes”, “1 minute” and “Finish”. If you do not finish on time the chair will discretely stand and join you. The chair will only ask a question if you have finished on time. At the conclusion of the session any remaining time will be used for questions and discussion.
- We do not want to embarrass you however the session chairs have been instructed to end all presentations after the allocated time, even if you are not finished, in order to keep the program to time.